Today is day 6 of my Daniel Fast and in all honesty, it hasn't been too bad. I haven't really missed food stuffs like cupcakes and ice cream, and burgers... so far so good. It only bothers me when I'm leaving work and find myself starving and looking for food. My day usually consists of leaving my house by 7am and not leaving work until sometimes 5pm or later, which leaves me very hungry at that time. Its those moments that I want nothing more than to go to my bodega spot and get my pastrami and provolone on a roll with lettuce, tomato, a little mayo and salt and pepper lol! So far, I've been out to eat twice with friends and have been able to order salads that were pretty good so I didn't feel like I was missing out on too much.
So far, I'm reminded of the fact that I have the ability and will power to do what I'd have to do to make changes in my life. What I now have to get down to is the heart of the matter which is discipline. What is it going to take to ignite that fire in me to make my desires of change a reality?
No comments:
Post a Comment