Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bah Humbug

I don't have a lot of pet peeves, but right now Christmas music irks me! Driving home from work, I'll turn on the radio and... BAM.... pop Christmas songs. eek!

I admit that I'm not a Christmas season spirit person. No I couldn't wait for Thanksgiving to be over so I could turn on my Christmas lights. I didn't stand on line at 2am at the mall on Black Friday just to get my Christmas shopping done. And you definitely won't find me humming Christmas songs throughout the day while adorned in red and green. Nope... not me.

Don't get me wrong.... I like Christmas. Rather, its grown on me. After many years of lackluster Christmas's, I tended to automatically shy away from the feelings of the season. However, as I get older, I have been developing a greater like of the commercialized Christmas season. I don't think the holiday bug will bite me really and truly until I have my own family one day in the future.

Usually the week around Christmas (and my b-day), I start feeling it a bit. I get a little pep in my step for the season. I look forward to giving out a few cards and partaking in some delicious egg nog. I'll even look forward to amazing Christmas lights displays. Hopefully, I'll even make it to a Christmas service. Until that time however, if you're looking for someone to go caroling with you, you may want to look to someone else. lol

No comments: